Wednesday 22 July 2015

When in doubt...

make a zippy pouch!

I'm starting to think I must have been a marsupial in a previous life.  All of these have been gifts and the recipients have loved them because they have all been made with them in mind.

Be warned - there are lots of photos to follow!

First up, a bag for a friend who is moving to Japan.  I got to use my Drunkard's Path die for this project to create the Japanese flag.


The other side is a mixture of Japanese and British.  Last year at the Festival of Quilts I bought this sushi and tempura fabric on a whim.  It turns out it would come in very useful.  All the other fabrics are redolent of Britain (weather, food, icons etc.)  My friend loved receiving this!







 Next up we have a leaving gift for someone who loves his cats.  I have made a created patchwork images of his cats as I did for my craft room.


The ginger boy has a black growth on his mouth, which I wanted to capture.  My friend sussed this straight away (phew!)  The black and white cat is like their girl cat as well with her white splodges and white chin.  He was thrilled with this, though I suspect I enjoyed making this project even more!



More purple and more cats in these next two pouches.


It's just so nice to put together random fabrics and to have a project very quickly.  Simple patchwork and straight quilted lines are always going to be popular with me.


Thanks for visiting!




4 comments:

  1. Hello Emmajane! Lots of wonderful pouches and I love how your made them all 'special' for the person who was receiving them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks for visiting and leaving a kind message.

      Delete
  2. Cute as can be!

    I like those kind of pouches, they are fun to sew and looks great!;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Maja! It's nice of you to leave a comment.

      Delete