Thursday 25 June 2015

Rainbow Scrappy Quilt: A pieced quilt

The rainbow scrap quilt is now pieced.  I had spent ages putting the fabrics in the correct order, but in the end I moved some fabrics around and I am pleased with the final placement.  I am very short-sighted, but this ended up being an advantage with this quilt because I kept taking my glasses off and even my blurred vision could make out the rainbow effect.  If it looks like a rainbow when I'm not wearing my glasses, I must have got the placement right!



This quilt is fast becoming a favourite of mine and I am savouring the time I spend on this project.  I loved how I could see the rainbow coming together with each row that were pieced together.  


This quilt has lots of different fabric prints in it, which is a reflection of my stash: solids, near solids, stash builders, florals.  But there are still lots of novelty prints, especially with animals which I always seem unable to resist.  Some favourites to mention here are: Socks the Fox by Patty Sloniger, Chicken Party by Creative Thursday, some Briar Rose prints by Heather Ross and Wee Wander by Sarah Jane Studios.  Is there anything nicer than combining your favourite fabrics together in a quilt? 
I think not!
 

I made a mid-week visit to Craft Den for the backing and binding and I love my choices.  I'll share them with you when the quilt is finished.  Tomorrow I'm going to baste and begin the quilting.  A lovely sewing weekend awaits me!

6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Emmajane! Have fun quilting at the weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's now finished. Blog post to follow soon.

      Delete
  2. It is so gorgeous!!! I have been enthusiastic to see your progress along the way! You did just a perfect job getting the fabrics just right to create the rainbow!! My comments don't usually carry through so just in case, here's my email and blog address: sunshineintheattic@yahoo.com and sunshineintheattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. As you can see, your comment made it. I'm glad you like it. It's now finished and I will be showing it off later in the week.

      Delete
  3. That is really really cool! The colour effect is brilliant - what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete