Sunday 26 October 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I read a lot of quilting blogs.  I love them!  There are just so many creative and inspiring people out there and I am curious about what they make and interested in what they have to say.  This weekend I have seen loads of quilts in the blogosphere mentioning the Blogger's Quilt Festival which is being hosted at Amy's Creative Side and I have now decided to participate.

I have a fortnight to submit two quilts in different categories.  It's an ambitious prospect, so I think I will only manage one quilt (especially as I am away for a few days and machine-less) but it looks fun to be part of and is a way of sharing my quilting ideas with a group of like-minded people.  I am already wondering which category to enter and which fabrics to use (though it's seems likely I will enter the Scrappy Quilts category.)

Fall 2014 BQF Button

For me this is not about winning anything (I know that is not going to happen!) but I do believe that participating in something communal is rewarding for anyone taking part.  I am really looking forward to seeing all the projects of other people; it's a great time to indulge in my hobby alongside other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment