Tuesday 16 September 2014

Quarter Square Triangles Quilt: a quilt in progress

At the moment I seem to snatching odd moments at the sewing machine.  I am juggling work, home and my social life so I have to plan my days really carefully and be sure to squeeze in a bit of sewing time, even if it is just an hour, here and there.  Today I've been out for a meal, but before going out I managed to get an hour at the machine and finish piecing the quarter square triangle quilt I started just over a week ago,

This quilt is proving to be a pleasure.  I was glad to be using fabrics from other quilts but I have now joined these with four bold solid colours (yellow, turquoise, green and cerise) and I love how they work with the patterned quarter square triangles.  Solid fabrics are also considerably cheaper, which for someone on a reduced a fabric budget is also a good thing.  My husband, Ezzie, says he likes how this quilt is taking shape, which is an unusual comment from him; normally he likes to see a quilt complete before expressing a view.  (Or maybe being surrounded by all this fabrics and quilts is finally beginning to pay off and he can start to envisage the final quilt before its completion.)


The backing and binding fabrics have already been chosen, so I hope to make a good start on the quilting tomorrow.  I've used these fabrics in previous quilts (though not together) but feel that they will complement the fabrics in the quilt, as well as make the back a bold statement in its own regard.   I love both these fabrics so it will be nice to work with them again.





























Thanks for stopping by.  Let's see if I make a Friday Finish.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Emmajane! Really love how this quilt is coming together. The colours look fabulous and the intermittent solid squares are a fantastic idea! Looking forward to seeing it finished! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! I had been hoping to finish it today (Friday) but haven't managed it. Should be done tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. This is a great quilt! So bright great for children! How do you get your triangles so neat mine rarely meet! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! My triangle points are all luck. I took a good photo here which doesn't show all the errors!

      Delete